(TV) VU in paree/the bells

my take on 2 of yr queries, leo:
1) yeah, the VU renuion was a load of shit. bad vibes, bad takes, bad attaempt to kiss ass.
2) the bells is, like most reed solo lps, flawed but has its moments...i picked up a used copy of the buddha reissue (i'm kind of a reed completist...he's probably the most important figure in my own rock & roll pantheon, tho that doesn't mean i can't see his (serious) flaws) & was reminded of how ridculously cool shit like "disco mystic" was..."all through the night", "i wanna boogie with you"& "looking for love" are all enjoyable as well. however, if yr not a diehard reed fan, it'd likely be a sorry purchase.

 "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:I saw the Letterman show last night, and agree with
most of the comments about the 'roller coaster'-
quality of Reed's solo output.

On a slightly different note, am I one of the few
who was embarrassed by the Live (Paris?) VU 're-union'
CD that came out around 1995?

Leo

ps: I am actually a Reed fan [doesn't mean I
can't hate some of his stuff] but I pick my
spots---am not a Reed-Compleatist as regards
collecting/owning his oeuvre.

PPS: Is the Bells any good?

pps: Lame attempt to be slightly on topic,
what was that story about TV confiscating
the batteries of Reed's cassette recorder
at Television gig?