RE: (TV) (long OT) Re: bootleg

and to distinguish between bootlegging and trading live shows for no
money. Every time I read a discussion on the ethics of bootlegging, I
wonder how much real (i.e., for profit) bootlegging is still going
on, now that good recording equipment has become small and relatively
cheap, as has reproduction technology, and now that the Internet has
facilitated trading among like-minded fans.

That's something I should know since I live in NYC and there a still a
handful of bootleg stores, even after the big bust about 6 or 7 years ago.
 Can't tell you how prevalent retail bootlegs are these day.  There really
does seem to be no reason for them to exist.

Scott Simpson