(TV) Mics Not Needed

My source (T.V.'s cousin Lois) tells me that as in recent
'rock' shows at the Orpheum Theater in Boston, there will be
a very large number of cd burners *dynamically* set up inside
Irving Plaza making cd-rs of Television's set (using the feed
from the band's own mics) even as the band plays.

http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0302/msg00099.html

These cd-rs will be available almost instantly as the audience
files out after the show(s) for a nominal fee.

As a special bonus those attending Saturday night's show can have
their cd-rs autographed by Verlaine who will be in the lobby almost
immediately after the show--as soon as he finishes off a few cigs
backstage.

	Leo
Boston Globe 2/7/2003: Thought this article was interesting:

Instant live CDs of a concert? Testing to begin in Boston

By Steve Morse, Globe Staff, 2/7/2003
Experiments are rife in the music business these
days -- and Boston will be a test market for one
of the most novel of them. Clear Channel Concerts,
the nation's largest concert promoter, has ambitious
plans to record live CDs of its shows and sell them
to patrons within five minutes after those shows end.
Clear Channel is targeting Boston as the first site
for the new plan, according to sources within the organization.

Multiple CD burners would be brought in, and the live
CDs would probably sell for around $15 in the same way
that T-shirts and other merchandise can be purchased
after concerts. No one knows what the demand would be,
but the project is expected to begin at club shows within
a couple of months, then be refined and work its way up
to the amphitheater level, though that may not happen
until next year, sources say.

Clear Channel spokeswoman Pam Fallon would not confirm
or deny word of the CD burning and sales plan.
''All I can say is that we're working on a series of
initiatives in the next couple of months,'' she said.

Clear Channel vice president Steve Simon, who works at
Cambridge's Clear Channel office and has helped manage
the platinum-selling band Boston, is said to be heading
the project.

This story ran on page C3 of the Boston Globe on 2/7/2003.
B) Copyright 2003 Globe Newspaper Company.