Re: (TV) Television in DC a review

> Actually, he played a large headstock Strat modified with lipstick
> pickups.

That's what I thought.

> Mapplethorpe did that?!

Yep.

> You know, I've been a fan since about '88 or so, but didn't get a
> chance to see them on their reunion tour. I've been wanting to see
> them for what, 15 years?
>
> When you wait for something like a concert for so long, it's fairly
> easy to be let down, but I have to say that was the most singular
> concert experience I've ever had, and I've probably seen 80-90 shows.
> I was mesmerized. Hell, even my girlfriend was  blown away.

As an old fan of the band I often worry about how people who didn't have the
good fortune to see them "back in the day"
will take to seeing them now, nice to hear it worked out for you. I remember
reading Jack Rabid's review of last years Irving Plaza show
where he pretty much trashed the band. I know for a fact he was a fan of the
band and to see him so disappointed after waiting 20 years or so to see the
band
was disconcerting to me.