Re: (TV) Way OT: White Stripes/Q

Not to argue whether or not Jack white is a great
guitarist but I just keep being reminded of the
Spinanes, good tunes but they would either be:

 A) so much better with a bass and some keyboards
thrown in
 B) the same as most rock records (when bass and keys
are added) and therefore nothing places them outside
the pack
C) They should continue to have the guitar-bass thang
going and further strip it down by only singing the
first syllable of every word
D) Oh what the hell, in addition to C) they should use
the Stray Cats drum kit and the Dead Presidents of the
USA's guitar (was it two or three strings only?)

Does any review ever say "You know, the Spinanes did
the guitar-bass thing back in...", for that matter
Maurice Rickard has a guitar-bass groove going but
mabye that computer turns his music into a wall of
sound :-)

Greg

**** Message truncated for your viewing pleasure ****