Re: (TV) A Marquee Moon & Television Put Down / Good Taste Is Timeless

A few thoughts...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Allison" <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: (TV) A Marquee Moon & Television Put Down / Good Taste Is
Timeless

> Aw, this is great!:
>
> >On the band Television and its album "Marquee Moon":
> >Despite its reputation this album is totally overated man!
> >Van Halen can play licks Verlaine and Loyd would cream for.
> >The lead singer's vocal style is stolen from Chrissie Hynde - but not as
cool.
> >Most of the solos are unmelodic and go nowhere.  The song Maquee Moon
> >sucks.  -Musician and music fan, Casey Fossum, Visalia, CA, on Amazon.com
>
> this guy's a musician _and_ a music fan. Cool!
> >
> ..and this is even better:

<Rant>
It boggles my mind . Van Halen vs. Television ? Can you say Apples vs.
Oranges ? You know, I will actually put it out there that Van Halen is a
fabulous guitar player if you like that Butt-Rock sort of thing... but how
can this guy compare the two ? Where did this guy even hear of Television ?
I would even bet that if Van Halen had ever heard Television, he'd like
them. Solos that are unmelodic ? How can this guy call himself a musician ?
!!!
</Rant>
- Russ