(TV) Random thoughts relating to Television

1.) Re. Casey Fossum's ear: Casey mentions Tom Verlaine as having stolen his
vocals from Chrissie Hynde. Maybe he had her mixed up with Patti Smith ? I
don't think Tom stole anything from anybody ,but I do sometimes hear Patti's
influence on his singing. Maybe it's just me.

2.) Chrissie Hynde actually does not predate Television but she was there at
the dawn of the English punk movement in 1976.

3.) Stephen Malkmus anyone ? Malkmus seems to have been rather influenced by
Television. On his first solo record there is the song called "Church on
White". The song is very pretty and has a Verlaine/Lloyd-esque jam at the end
of the song. On his new record Pig Lib he has a 10 minute long song called "1%
of One" which could be Malkmus' Marquee Moon.

Okay enough randomness for now.
- Russ