Re: (TV) Wynn (OT)

> http://stevewynn.net/
>
> In the Community section you will find a choice entitled CD-R Trees which
> shows the wonderful Syndicated Dreams series of treed bootlegs that Steve
> himself participates in. And his email address is no secret either, not
that
> I've used it.
>
> On a TV-related note, Steve Wynn recorded a song entitled Melinda with
> Richard Lloyd that was released on a 2001 album entitled "The E-Music
> Singles Collection".  Has anyone heard this? This cd is on it's way to me
> right now.

I'm an emusic subscriber and I've got the tune. Could have been good with a
little more arrangement and production. Seems to have been recorded in a
hurry. (First take?) The deal with emusic was that Steve would record one
song each month in 2000 and put it up for download the same month. An
interesting concept that seemed to suit the very productive Wynn. Melinda is
a catchy popsong, but as I said, it deserved another destiny. Emusic had a
little Wynn-site with his stories behind each track. Sadly they took it away
soon after the collection was completed. I emailed Steve and asked him if he
knew why and where I could find his texts and got a nice answer. (He didn't
know why, just told me to buy the real CD when it was released.) He seems to
have a relexed relation with his fans. And he think trading of his stuff is
more than OK. I checked out his site and found the page with this Dutch
guy's huge DS/Wynn collection. I had an old self taped DS-show from my
US-trip back in the eighties that I thought he presumably would be
interested in. Of course he was. VERY interested. He seemed to be a pleasant
guy, told me about when he visited Steve Wynn and stayed a week at his home
in NYC and got the permission to copy all his tapes. We made a deal about a
trade and I had to borrow gear to transfer and burn my show (I had problems
with my PC). At last it was finished and I sent it to him and he got it,
this was about a year ago, but the guy still hasn't sent me anything in
return. How you can misjudge people...

Per