Re: (TV) Got my Academy CD!

Wow, a lot faster than anticipated, maybe they realized the mistake and sent
it airmail. Fred does a lot of CD mastering at home on his PC I'm sure he
worked on this one.
If you are talking about who I think you are, fuck that guy! When he was
researching one of his books, he contacted a friend of mine who had a huge
collection of CBGB's era bands. Most of the recordings were supplied by
another friend of mine named Peter. Anyway this author contacted my friend
and had a list of shows he wanted, my friend said he can listen to any of
them but he wasn't getting copies. This "author" went out of his way to dis
my friend in the foreward to one of his books. As I said before, fuck that
guy. Besides I heard he's not a very nice person, which is probably another
reason he didn't get any copies, he was too demanding. My taper friend
pretty much lets me have any shows I want but in general is not big on
trading (there is not much out there that he wants anyway)
and feels that if people wanted this stuff they would have taped it
themselves. Of course he formed that opinion many years ago when it was
still easy to see Television playing around town.
I made some live Television and live Ween CD's for Chris Frantz and Tina
Weymouth who I had the extreme pleasure of meeting backstage at the New
Orleans Ween show.
Oh I told Fred about the person that asked why is this band ripping off the
White Stripes when they heard Television and he got a good laugh out of it,
made me tell the story like 5 times to various friends that came by the bar
that he was playing at lastnight.