Re: (TV) reissues

--- robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> philip shot down my hopes with an earlier comment.

You mean, how "Expanded" usually just means "bonus tracks", whereas "Deluxe
reissue" means "with an entire extra CD"? Yeah, I definitely think we're *not*
getting an extra CD each with MM and ADVENTURE, as nice as that would be.

> i must say i'm almost as anxious to read philip's
> response to the reissues as i am to hear the discs
> themselves...

I'll take that as a compliment, or that you like to see people froth at the
mouth via email... (is that "e-froth"?)

One thing I hate about myself is I already have such high expectations that I'm
bound to be disappointed with whatever they give us - at least from a bonus
track selection point of view. I also can't decide whether I'll be happy or sad
if they decide to re-fade "Marquee Moon" as it was on the original LP. However,
from an audio perspective, I know Rhino will do a great job with remastering.
No worries there. Same goes for packaging and presentation.

But in truth, with MARQUEE MOON, I'd just be happy for a remastering to
clean-up the sound. If they re-faded the title track and made the only bonus
the "unfaded"  version of "Marquee Moon", I would be content. Honestly. Of
course, I'm *hoping* the vault yields all sorts of goodies, but I'm not getting
my hopes up.

As far as ADVENTURE goes, there are two tracks I *must* see of else I know I'll
be unnecessarily bummed-out: "Adventure" (the unfinished studio track) and the
7" mix of "Ain't That Nothin'". Both are essential.

--Philip