(TV) NME article with quotes from Lloyd

This article from NME contains my favorite line describing Television ever,
from Ahmet Ertegun.

EXPANDED 'VISION!

NEW YORK art-punks TELEVISION are to re-release their first two albums with
additional bonus tracks through RHINO RECORDS on September 23.

As well as re-issuing 1977's 'Marquee Moon' and 1978's 'Adventure', the
much-bootlegged 'Live At The Old Waldorf' album will also see the light of day
again.

"It's gratifying to see people still care about the band," said guitarist
Richard Lloyd. "When we were trying to get a record deal nobody would sign us.
We were clearly outside the usual labels. (Atlantic Records founder) Ahmet
Ertegun listened to us and turned to (producer) Jerry Wexler and said, 'Jerry,
I can't sign this band. This is not Earth music.' And I thought, 'Well there
you go'."

'Live At The Old Waldorf' - recorded in San Francisco on June 29, 1978 - will
include a cover of the Rolling Stones's ' (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction'. Lloyd
said about the gig, "We were using big amplifiers at the time - it was rather
loud - that was the loudest tour that I recall."

According to Rolling Stone, Lloyd also spoke about the lack of commercial
success that surrounded Television.

"[The label] would send cassettes of new bands," he said. "They'd marked one,
'You'll like this' - it was the The Cars. We listened to it and thought, 'Oh
shit, this is sort of Television-esque, but commercial. All they'll care about
is The Cars and they'll stop putting their hopes on us' . . . not that they had
much hope to begin with."

http://www.nme.com/news/105631.htm