RE: (TV) article

 from Ty Burr, re: Adventure -

Nice little piece, Ty, I am looking forward to the interview! (if they ever
get to Boston)
however... "Bonus tracks include the long-lost title track, a peppy,
near-pop gem."

Does anyone agree with that description? I never heard "Adventure", the
song, before this release, (I just don't have enough boots), but I feel it
didn't belong on Adventure. Maybe a B side would have been OK, but it's not
a 'gem'.
I love MM and A equally, and I recall feeling the same when TV's first was
released. I hear the logical progression in Tom's writing, and playing.
 Of course, I missed Richard when Tom went solo.

Maybe if more effort was put into "Adventure", the song - it must have been
written in the studio. I think the best parts of it are when there is no
vocal. I'm assuming that is Richard soloing all over that song - whoever,
the leads are really good.
The chorus "I need a new adventure" - is just plain lame, especially in the
context of all other Verlaine lyrics and phrasing. The boogie rhythm is cool
for Television, but it sounds like a 2nd rate 'new wave' band.

Hope I'm not being overly critical, I don't usually comment on anyone else's
opinions.

BTW, I love having the karaoke version of "Ain't that Nothin'" (last track),
can't wait to play with it!

 - Herman