Re: (TV) Re: Flashlight

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean and Holly Corcoran" <seanc74@juno.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 12:27 PM

> > "Joe Thornton" wrote:
> > . . . . This reissue, at the high price, . . . and no
> >improvement on the original, is a disappointment.
>
> Joe, I'm just wondering what you paid for the reissue? My local guy sold
> it to me for $10.98. He sold the first solo album to me for $12.98. I
> didn't find those prices unreasonable, but then again maybe other places
> are misprized? Or maybe you direct order and got stuck with the shipping?
> Just wondering because I thought they were a good deal.
> -Sean

Can't find the receipt but I'm pretty sure it was 15 Euro -- here in Germany
in an ordinary music shop, where I was surprised to find it on sale the
other day. Sean got a fair deal. My spare copy of Flash Light will go to a
good home.

Of course there are a lot of unfair prices around. I checked the Amazon
websites. Amazon Germany charges you 17 Euro for Flash Light. Amazon.com
charges you $41 for The Miller's Tale but it's 13 pounds sterling in the
U.K. (amazon.co.uk). And who's going to pay $23 for the new release of The
Wonder when the U.K. price is 8 pounds sterling?

With the Television CDs, things start making sense. Something to do with the
influence of Fred, Billy and Richard? (Richard's comments were great --
thanks, Keith.)

--JoeT