Re: (TV) (off topic) Eno

Hi Stephen-

Brian Eno is perhaps my favorite artist. His four classic albums in my book are:

Here Come the Warm Jets
Taking Tiger Mountain (by strategy)
Another Green World
Before and After Science

All were recorded prior to '79. I'm curious about which of his '80's albums you thought were classic, since they were all ambient albums. I love his ambient albums, too- don't get me wrong, but it's harder for me to say which of these might be classics.

I doubt that his early albums will recieve the remastered with bonus cuts treatment for two reasons:

1. He is still an active artist, almost hyper-creative.
2. He did the remaster thing of those songs for his box sets. The Vocals box set includes most of those classic albums, and there were rare/bonus cuts on it.

Plus, he just started a new series called Curiosities. Volume One was just released and can be had at Enoshop.  I like it a lot, but then again, I like everything he's done. It contains things that didn't fit on the earlier albums. Someone is helping him clean out his audio closet.

Cheers,

Brian

stephen wilson <stephen_nehpets@hotmail.com> wrote:

While standing around waiting for the next Television concert, or studio
album, we might as well wonder - when are Brian Eno's 70's and 80's classics
are going to get the remastered/bonus tracks reissue treatment?