(TV) off topic (Eno)

The kind folks at Enoweb were able to give me the definitive who-knows-when answer. It's useful to remember that about this time last year, the Television reissues were in the same subdivision of Nowheresville, as far as we knew.

<<The Eno I & II box sets released in 1993 used remastered material with
super bit mapping etc.  They still appear regularly on eBay.

In 2000 the following exchange took place on an on-line interview:

spam-guest: Are there any plans to re-master/re-release your 1970s
catalog a la the recent King Crimson reissues on Virgin? Perhaps throw
in some bonus tracks?

Brian: Yes, Virgin are planning to start releasing those re-masters
starting next year. With some previously unreleased tracks.

However, when I asked Virgin about this part-way through 2001 the reply
was that they weren't in their current schedule.

This August I mentioned it to Opal and they answered: There's no plans
for remasters at present.

Apparently a lot of albums intended for SACD release including Music for
Airports (which would presumably have been a remastered version) were
put on hold because of some legal dispute over the format.

That is the sum of EnoWeb's knowledge on remasters.

Kind regards

Tom Boon
EnoWeb
http://www.enoweb.co.uk
http://www.mp3.com/tom_boon

EnoWeb is a fan-run site. We do not claim to represent the views of
Brian Eno, his management, or anybody else in the whole wide world. We
receive no remuneration for our investment of time and money in
servicing the Eno community. That's okay, because we don't ask for any.
We just wanted you to know where we stand.>>