RE: (TV) Reissues and Guitar Effects

At 3:00 PM -0500 11/4/03, tom wrote:
After fooling with it a bit I can get something similar by just moving
the pick to and away from the bridge.

Yeah. I think a light touch with a heavy pick is important there, too. If it's a new string, it'll have that "boing" quality already; you just have to make sure to keep it going without deadening it.

I'm trying to get the guys I jam around with to learn it. If I could
play Marquee Moon with other people pretty much all of my lifelong
guitar ambitions would be realized.

A worthy goal. And then other ambitions will rear their heads. Right now I feel similarly about getting the damned thing *in tune* all the way up the neck. (I'm having intonation problems with my LP Jr-style compensated bridge.)

Also in the lifelong ambition department, on Monday I'll be playing a short set at CB's 313 Gallery, which isn't *exactly* playing CBGB, but is as close as an experimental weirdo such as myself is going to get.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/