(TV) Robert Fripp as member of Television?

Apparently that was one of the ideas he floated after the 70s breakup. In a discussion of his working with other people, notably Bowie:

"I think I'm worth too much to be a backing guitar player. This does not mean that I'm not interested in working in the long term on other people's compositions. For example, I recently tried to persuade Television to regroup with me as a third guitarist. Unfortunately, it did not work."

http://www.elephant-talk.com/intervws/fripp-be.htm
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/