Re: (TV) Robert Fripp as member of Television?

Well, here it goes again. I sent this originally on Saturday but I think it
got sucked into the bit bucket.
Been busy lately ( moving to Portland sometime soon !) ,but I have to
respond to this one. Fripp in Television, perhaps just as a guest player,
would have been ultra-cool. I have always heard (in my own head at least) a
similarity to Fripp and Verlaine's approach to modality. The oft use clichi
of "angularity" is equally applicable.

I recently finished reading a history of King Crimson called "In the Court
of King Crimson" by Sid Smith (ISBN 1-900924-26-9). Television is mentioned
on pages 207-208, Verlaine on page 210, Lloyd on page 208. Fripp is
name-checks Richard Lloyd when referring to the "incredible openness" of the
NYC scene in late 70s.
Another quote from the book states: "An example to us all ,in fact it's the
likes of Fripp and Tom Verlaine who are going to make truly new music.
because they've appreciated  their art's traditions, but are also capable of
perceiving and developing their own visions."
Clearly Fripp appreciated Television

-Russ