Re: (TV) Reissues review translated into English

>Over here the Ramones are usually credited with instigating Punk
>although McLaren certainly brought the look back from Richard Hell.

The Ramones were certainly instrumental in developing the Punk song format
but I think what the article refers to is the whole early Punk esthetic -
i.e uncombed hair, 2nd hand and ripped clothes, usually black, a literary
sensibility - all inspired by the French poets Baudelaire, Rimbaud, and of
course Verlaine....not to get high minded - but I remember these references
in early interviews with Richard Hell, Tom Verlaine and Patty Smith
Also I seem to remember an article where either Malcom McClaren or John
Lydon talk about meeting Richard Hell for the first time and stealing his
look of ripped t-shirts with slogans and safety pins-

John Knapich
Blue Visual Effects
255 South 17th Street 7th Floor
Philadelphia PA 19103