RE: (TV) another greatest album list--a lot of shite if you ask me

At 12:44 PM -0800 12/1/03, Philip P. Obbard wrote:
 STILL is easily my least-listened to Joy
Division release

To each his own, indeed. Apart from the not-quite-happening cover of "Sister Ray," I find a lot on Still to like--the textures of "Exercise One," the driving "Ice Age," the near-swing (!) of "The Only Mistake," the chilling and impassioned drive of "Dead Souls." And the second LP has the excellent original live version of "Ceremony," along with a good live survey of their repertoire--including a thrilling "Transmission" (the drumming on that one's really something).

But again, yeah, it's all highly subjective.

NP: the gorgeous, trip-hoppy _This Is Motion_ by Melochrome
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/