Re: (TV) another greatest album list--a lot of shite if you ask me

On 12/1/03 1:53 PM, "robin dunn" <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I thought only Eagles fans read Rolling Stone these
>> days. In fact, I
>> thought only Eagles fans read Rolling Stone in
>> _those_ days. Maybe it's
>> a West Coast American thing, RS always seemed so
>> soft and squishy to me.
>

> yeah, as a pre-teen i shoplifted copies of creem, hit
> parader, rock scene, rock, even sometimes
> crawdaddy...but never gave a flip for a copy of rs.  useless.

For what it's worth department:

I was reading my subscribed RS copy way back when I saw a little box
mentioning that Television had broken up. One of the members said that
they decided to break up during a full moon because Moby Grape broke up
during a full moon. I was a huge Grape fan (still am) so I ran out, bought
Marquee Moon and never looked back. It wasn't until years later that I
realized that the supposed connection was the tragedy of being a critical
darling with no fan base.

So if it wasn't for RS, I would never be giving my wife 16 tulips every year
on her birthday - quite possibly the most obscure romantic gesture in Rock
and Roll history.

Mike