Re: (TV) RFTT

In a message dated 12/10/2003 12:24:08 PM Central Standard Time,
piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com writes:

> I know some disagree, but right now RL is the superior
> guitarist b/n him and Verlaine.
>
> The man is a technical genius.

Hear hear!  Agreed!   I think a large part of it is down to the fact that in
RFTT, Cheetah nails down most of the the "rhythm" parts (does he ever).
Richard is therefore freed from the need to play rhythm guitar, as he often does in
Television acting as anchor to Tom Verlaine's meandering explorations.  Don't
get me wrong, Richard has plenty of chances to shine with TV, and he takes
them (especially live, recently). But in RFTT, Richard just f*cking WAILS.