(TV) A Fortune in Lies/ You say "ok please get me what I need"

"You say 'ok please get me what I need [long lost TV Bowie tape] '
Well I'm sorry, I can't find it, please don't hate me."

Yeah, please don't hate me, but I better fess up because
I don't want too many people on both Lists to get too angry
with me (or have their expectations tampered with).

Honestly, I had no idea so many people would respond to my
two questions for the mythical "'Verlaine's playing at 'Scary
Monsters'  recording sessions".

I thought I might fool a couple of people, but not that many
because of the clues (I guess  too subtle?) I planted that pointed
towards my offer being a joke/lie--namely, "A fortune in lies" and that
I would be '..sending my master copy in early April.'
[as in very early April, i.e.,  like on April 1st].

I wish I did have tapes of those sessions so I could seed it, but either
Belew's  version is wrong and TV never recorded a note, or he TV did
but they were destroyed by Bowie, or they exist and I don't have them.
I'd put my money on they never existed.

Just for the record, of the roughly 20 or so people who responded
[and yes I realize some of you who answered knew my 'offer' was a fraud
before you responded], only one person got both answers correct
(although two people came within 2 songs of being right).

The person who got both correct was Keith (yeah, I know, you're
shocked!)  In fact, my own original answer that I thought was
correct wasn't even close:

1) Marquee Moon
2) Glory
3) Prove It; and
4) Psychotic Reaction

(I gave credit to anyone who included Breakin' in My Heart or
Grip of Love or Kingdom Come--even though the Television performed
versions are not the same songs as the later Verlaine non-Television versions).

It was brought to my attention by a few people that I had left out:

5) Venus  De Milo [Germany, 1982, on "Verlaine Penetrates the Ritz" cd-r]
by Andrew Lewis and Keith among others.

6) This Tune [Tramps, 1996]  by Keith
7) Rhyme [The Viper Room, 1996] by Keith

Yes, LJJ was performed by Verlaine without Television, but it was in
October, 2001 in  NYC for the Sonic Youth's 9/11 Benefit so was not
within (1981 - 1990).

	Leo