(TV) Boston Television Tickets Rant

I just returned from driving from Cambridge to
The Paradise Rock Club box office in Brighton to
pick-up 4 tickets for Television.

On the 3 mile route I approached 30 lights in a row,
every one of them green. I thought this must be a
dream, ahem, I mean must be a favorable omen for
the March 24th, show until I remembered events from
the last time Television played in Boston
(in late Nov. 1992), also at the dastardly Paradise.

The Paradise is renowned for its lousy sound,
acoustics, incompetent soundboard-men!, and bad-vibes staff.
n 1992, the sound was terribly distorted during the entire 9+
minutes of the opening song, "1880 or So"---sound wasn't
that great later either.

The Paradise also had mandatory 'cabaret seating that
night--even all the way up to the foot of the stage.

There are so many better venues in Boston that Television
could play (during 1981-1987 and 1990 solo tour Verlaine
always played only at the Paradise).  It makes me wonder if
the promoters/tycoons have some sort of agreement with bands
that says if they want to play here you have to agree to
always play here or you will be 'black balled' in Boston.
Also wonder if for some crazy reason Television's manager,
Mr. Tefler, has something to do with always choosing the Paradise.

It's all enough to make me seriously consider flying down for the
2 NYC shows!

	a pissed-off, Leo