Re: (TV) TV at Glastonbury

Curtis Burns wrote:
> on 4/3/04 19:45, Keith Allison at keith@marquee.demon.co.uk wrote:
> > . . . went on sale today and sold out completely in *one hour*.
> > . . . This is what happens when you actually put a good band on :)

> <delurking>
> And yet, they did not sell out either NYC show.
> </delurking>

Americans, in general, are not big into Television/Verlaine. And Americans
are getting smaller! See this European news report:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1185387,00.html

But I do hope the Canadians turn out for the Music For Films show in
Toronto. It's a great show, and you don't have to worry about Tom's
singing...

Actually, from what I can gather, there's never a lot of publicity for any
of the Television or Verlaine shows (though Richard is rather good at PR).
The understanding seems to be that those who really want to be there will
hear about it and turn up. I turned up at the Music For Films show in an
out-of-the-way Italian village, Cortemaggiore, in Feb 2001. I guess I was
the only English-speaking person in the audience. I couldn't see any
publicity for the show -- no posters on the streets or anything.
Nevertheless there was a good turn-out of Italians there.

With all due respect to Keith and others who have harped on about the
Academy Live CD's unavailability and a few other incidents, I think there's
plenty of evidence that the guys in Television listen to their fans, and
respond, in their own peculiar way.

--JoeT