Re: (TV) Good Thurs. Christ / Who the Hell Are Television's Fans?

> This is interesting. I was at the Viper Room show and many of the hundred
or
> so people upstairs could care less about Verlaine. They were just black
clad
> Hollywood hipsters out for the evening at Johnny Depps crib. The guys at
the
> bar were chattering louder than Tom's singing. Maybe that's why he was in
> such a good mood. I do think he won a few converts that night.
>
> mike

I'm reminded of seeing Richard Lloyd and band in a little club in New Haven,
winter 1987/88. There were about a hundred people who were just chattering
and drinking, and about fifty people really into the awesome guitar music.
On my way into the gig I noticed about ten thousand excited young fans on
the streets. They were going to see some band like Aerosmith or Kansas...

--JoeT