Re: (TV) RE: Verlaine's great but unavailable songs - The Miller's Tale 2 ? / Take 5

Leo asked:
> Speaking of Calais, from a fascinating audio interview
> (supplied to me very recently by a MM Lister), TV said
> that he generally writes about places he has never been
> to, but of which he has imaginary and probably idealistic
> notions.  Related Question: I'm too lazy to go to Keith's
> gigography--didn't Television play somewhere in Portugal
> in last 2 years?

I don't think so, but they did play in Gijon in north-west Spain, in 2001.
And there was a report that Verlaine spent time in Portugal (can't remember
when).

While I'm at it... I can give you a brief second-hand concert review from
Gijon (which is a great little city, by the way). A friend of mine (another
fan of Cover!) was at the concert and told me about it. He was fascinated
and thrilled, but there were a few equipment failures that night and the
delays and interruptions dampened the atmosphere and excitement.

Later on that tour, I saw Television in Dublin -- a great night. Plenty of
tuning, but everything worked...

--JoeT