Re: (TV) Boarding School

From: robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Boarding School
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
strummer was upper middle class and went to
boarding school

Strummer was hardly 'upper middle class' - he went to a boarding school because the government paid for it because his father worked abroad for the foreign office, I dont think his parents came from privileged backgrounds

However I have heard that his old School chum pablo labrittain didnt get the job of clash drummer as he spoke too posh ! (He still does, spoke to him a couple of weeks ago, good guy, reminded me of the country squire from the fast show)