RE: (TV) Roxy Music / Eno Rant / Hell / Verlaine

OK, let's get some things straight here. Krautrock certainly pre-dated Eno,
but he's never downplayed his influences. By the time Can recorded Future
Days, Simon Puxley had become Can's manager (in the U.K.) as well as Eno's,
at Eno's suggestion.

>From the beginning, Eno has called himself a "non-musician". He claimed that
he merely processed the Roxy instrumentals. A year before recording "Warm
Jets" he borrowed a guitar from Cindy Smith (who had an apartment with Chris
(nee Chryssie) Hynde in the same building as Eno's). The strings were
rusted, and he refused to change them because "it sounds so much better this
way". Warm Jets was his first effort as a "musician".

Being a "non-musician" has become standard practice in these days of
sampling and ProTools.

Jim K.