Re: (TV) Debut albums

At 7:50 PM -0500 5/12/04, Luis Salinas wrote:
Well, it took me two days to think of them, but here's my 2 cents:

Wire--Pink Flag

Maybe it's my coming to this after the band's first breakup, but this seemed like a kind of refinement or apotheosis of the reductionist punk ideas that had come before, and the band's serious innovations came on the later stuff. Still, great album.

Pere Ubu--The Modern Dance

Yup. For two albums and a bunch of singles, they could do no wrong. And I'm fond of much of NPT, too.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/