Re: (TV) Debut albums

Apart from the already mentioned "Marquee Moon", and "Unknown
Pleasures", I would pick:

Quicksilver Messenger Service - "Quicksilver Messenger Service"
King Crimson - "In The Court of the Crimson King"
Wishbone Ash - "Wishbone Ash"

All from the 69-70 period, which is when I started listening to 'decent'
music rather than the Top 20 stuff. The King Crimson LP, which I first
heard in late '69, was the one that *really* changed my musical listening,
and was the first LP I bought that my mother, who didn't mind the pop
stuff, hated!

The QMS LP was followed by the equally wonderful "Happy Trails", both
of them albums, along with "Marquee Moon", "Adventure", and "In The
Court...", that I've listened more than any others over the years.

all the best,
--
 Michael J. Cross    Visit http://www.mjckeh.demon.co.uk for
 BSFA Magazine Index, Hull SF Group, J Cipollina & M Kurihara Discographies