RE: (TV) Matter of Taste / Wrong / Can't Dance / Non-Musician-Angle

I have lots of opinions about this, but fortunately for you I am too
drunk to impart them.
However, songwriting ability has nothing to do with musical ability.
Look at any big orchestra. Most of the players are far in advance of any
pop/rock/jazz musician. Usually none of them has any songwriting
ability.

These past few weeks I have been listening solely to stuff I've
downloaded from sharing the groove. Often downloaded becase I like the
drummer. I just know that if its got Tony Williams, Dennis Chambers or
Jack DeJohnette, I'm going to like it. This could be because I'm a
(crap) guitarist and I realise the thing I lack most as a musician is
rhythm.

Oh, sorry, I've gone too far. Back to the whisky I think. Tony Williams
is f***ing amazing.

-Howard

Ps when I spoke to Billy Ficca a couple of years ago after a gig, the
only thing I felt that I could talk to him about was how amazing Marvin
"Smitty" Smith was. Billy was in complete agreement, but was surprised
that a mere Television fanboy had even heard of him.

<snip>
Do people on this List honestly buy or listen to cds on which
non-musicians
'perform'?  Isn't one of the reasons people on the 2 Lists love
Television
because they can play their instruments with supreme skill, and write
great songs?