(TV) tonite NYC 5/26 : Joss, Mackin Band, Seismic , Don McCloskey & Bryan Master

Spam alert.

Tonite at The Knitting Factory (old office)
74 Leonard Street
New York City , NY 10013
212-219-3132

the following bands will perform.

7:00 - Bryan Master
8:00 - Don McCloskey Band
9:00 - Joss
10:00 - Seismic
11:00 - Mackin Band

read what The Big Takeover said about the new JOSS cd "If not for the
hovering..."

(April  2004)
JOSS/If Not For the Hovering... Smooth laid back lounge shadows slide out
velvet from this trio with a little bit of Twin Peaks in the mood, a little
Dream
City Film Club in the vocal delivery. Sometimes it also reminds me of early
My Dad Is Deadb9and I like when that happens. The guitar occasionally hits
against the vocals in a way that feels so Dream Syndicate, in that darker and
mellower "Ghost Stories" way. I feel like I should either be listening to this
album on headphones while riding on a greyhound towards Louisiana sometime
after
midnight, or while sitting in a dark bar smoking a cigarette and nursing a
scotch, eyeing the long black haired girl in the corner booth as this band
plays
low and slow on a dimly lit red light stage.