Re: (TV) Sleater-Kinney article w/TV references

There is a band in Edinburgh who all wear suits (on
stage) and all work for Standard Life, a mutual
investment company.

They play the most neutered, diluted, asinine,
waterd-down interpretation of rock music that has ever
existed. I won't name them, but I was amazed at how
remarkably unmemorable their entire set was - it was
if they had got a "rock-by-numbers" kit and formed a
band.

To add insult to injury, the lead guitarist, who is
actually a lawyer, showed me his guitars. A 70's
Fender Stratocaster, Custom Tele, Rickenbacker
12-string, Ovation acoustic...he had about 6 guitars
with him. And used two. It was a crime.

And their Powerpoint sols were fully automated. No soul.

=====