Re: (TV) "Musicians"

On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:07:06 -0400
Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> So there you have it.  I think Joe may be right about Unix/Linux
> system administrators, though, at least the lucky ones who haven't
> had the souls burnt out of them by PHBs and countless instances of
> User Failure.

I'm consulting to the State of RI now, and government work can be some
of the most frustrating of all, because it's a great refuge for people
who are below average at doing their jobs.

As a contractor, though, I let all the political angst flow over me like
a stream flowing over a rock.  What?  There's a squabble amongst managers,
and I can't get the equipment I need to test some new software?  Whatever,
I will still get paid as you all play the game, and it's not me that will
get flak when the upgrades are postponed.

It's very, very Zen at times.