(TV) Interesting Quotes

".... brain-pan alley (the 13th Floor Elevators as Tom Verlaine once remarked when
announcing a cover of Fire Engine:  'The guy was from Texas, so he thought the
empty place was DMT place----that's DMT the extra-strength hallucinogen), ..."
Village Voice Oct 14, May 20, 1998 in review of 'Nuggets'.

"A relentless perfectionist who never made a perfect record, Buckley decided the Verlaine
session tracks weren't up to his standards and started reworking them and writing new songs
before he died. .... If I had to guess, though, I think Buckley would have come around to
realizing that Verlaine had actually done an admirable job of channeling his excesses."
Village Voice May 1998

"Someone once said of the Velvet Underground that only about 100 people
bought their albums [at the time], but every single one of them started a band."

"