Re: (TV) Mostly OT: Brian Eno reissues

Serves Virgin right for taking the easy (cheap) way out with these reissues. There must be a good reason why they did so - I read elsewhere that Virgin's set to re-release Gong's back catalogue this fall (?) - with deluxe artwork, photos, extra tracks - the works. Great band, Gong, but.

Maybe Eno instructed them to keep it this simple.-? At least the sonics have been upgraded; but where I would have run out to buy new copies of all these, given a Rhino-esque augmentation treatment, I think I'll just get Taking Tiger Mountain and wait for used copies of the others to bubble up.

"Virgin has issued an official statement regarding the problem
on the Original Masters version of Another Green World:

"Subsequent to approval of a correct version of Another Green
World on reference CD, there was a DDP image file corruption
which has affected the track 'Everything Merges With The Night'.
Please take your CD back to where you bought it, and the
retailer will exchange it for you. Although working as fast as
possible to remanufacture, the new discs won't be ready until
the end of next week."