(TV) Voracious Reader?

>From the crazy number of interviews I've read over the
years, I actually know about a fair amount of stuff he
read, but this info is primarially on his later (middle?)
period, 1979-1990.

I would guess he was reading along with Hell lots of
poetry, maybe Rimbaud, Paul Verlaine---yes TV claims
he chose the name not because of the poet, but because
he liked the sound of the name---and the Beats[?].
Also, maybe Blake (inspiration for LJJ?).

A source (female) told me he read a wide variety of
stuff back then (maybe now too?), which makes sense
since he worked at The Strand for awhile. She said he
bought a book on orthinology his reading of which inspired:

" ... then you leap
up about a hundred feet
yet you're in so deep
you could write the Book.