Re: (TV) Voracious Reader?

Ah, this bit about birds from Leo reminds me of something else...

> A source (female) told me he read a wide variety of
> stuff back then (maybe now too?), which makes sense
> since he worked at The Strand for awhile. She said he
> bought a book on orthinology his reading of which inspired:
>
> " ... then you leap
> up about a hundred feet
> yet you're in so deep
> you could write the Book.
> Chirp chirp the birds
> they're giving you the words ..."

Back in February I offered my revision of the words of "Pillow", and Keith
then put it up on The Wonder web site (for "The Wonder" album). Now I have a
further revision to suggest.

It's that line "Corny picture on the wall". If you listen carefully to Tom's
voice, I think you hear him say "cor-nay". This led me to an artist called
Corneille, who seems to be pretty well known; and we know Tom is interested
in painting. There's a good chance that a Corneille picture might show "a
blue bird in a tree". I think Tom is actually singing "Corneille picture on
the wall", though I can't Prove It.

See: www.artnetgallery.com/artists/corneille.html
Maybe it's this painting(!):
www.rogallery.com/corneille/corneille-untitled-4.htm

Note: That's "a blue bird" rather than "a bluebird". There's an American
species called a bluebird, but it's unlikely to be that in a Corneille
painting.

So my latest revision of the song's lyrics goes as follows. (And you can
argue that the last line is "These panes are very hard.")

  What does the dove see
  There at the window?
  A man and woman furious.
  Corneille picture on the wall,
  A blue bird in a tree,
  Something here is not resolved.

(With those two altered lines repeated later in the song.)

But am I missing something obvious? Does the official publisher of the song
have to make the lyrics available, and are they thus available to anyone who
goes through certain well-established channels? Like, I think someone
recorded "Sixteen Tulips" for one of the tribute albums (haven't heard it
myself), so where did they get the lyrics?

--JoeT