(TV) (Re) Voracious Reader?

Joe, that's brilliant. I'd bet it is a Corneille picture he's singing about.

The way it could be mis/taken for 'corny' would probably give Verlaine a laugh.

IMHO of course.

(((Back in February I offered my revision of the words of "Pillow", and Keith
then put it up on The Wonder web site (for "The Wonder" album). Now I have a
further revision to suggest.

It's that line "Corny picture on the wall". If you listen carefully to Tom's
voice, I think you hear him say "cor-nay". This led me to an artist called
Corneille, who seems to be pretty well known; and we know Tom is interested
in painting. There's a good chance that a Corneille picture might show "a
blue bird in a tree". I think Tom is actually singing "Corneille picture on
the wall", though I can't Prove It.

See: www.artnetgallery.com/artists/corneille.html
Maybe it's this painting(!):
www.rogallery.com/corneille/corneille-untitled-4.htm)))