Re: (TV) Semi-OT: New York Dolls reunion

Murray:
>Wire ? - Johnny come latelys, didnt play their first gig till 76 !

True 'nuff.  I did leave myself some wiggle room by saying "of their era(s?)".

>the stooges may not have the original (deceased) bass
>player but otherwise the whole gang is there including the sax player who
>played on funhouse - the stooges were incredible, I cant think of another
>"dead" band I'd have wanted to see more than them and they didnt disapoint

Do they still have Mike Watt on bass?  He's great.  I haven't seen the current Stooges but I saw the genesis of the "reunion" a few years back... Watt, the Ashetons and J Mascis with a revolving door of guest Iggy stand-ins (Watt himself, Thurston and Kim from Sonic Youth, Josh Homme, Vedder, etc. etc.) and that was kinda cool.

>the mc5 and the dolls are as original as they can be - if their alive, their
>in it

I guess that's damned near true of the latter day Patti Smith Group, too, huh?  And the occasionally active Big Star.  We shall leave the Doors out of the discussion entirely... whoops, there they are...

-Rex