Re: (TV) Scotsman review

In message <20040625134209.93230.qmail@web50909.mail.yahoo.com>, Brian
Young <raggedglory57@yahoo.com> writes
>"...Little Johnny Jewel, their stealthy tribute to Iggy Pop"
>
>????

Nah, I've heard the one before too. Lazy journalism if you ask me. Oh, I
get it - his name's James - close enough!

"Johnny Jewel is how people were maybe two hundred years ago. Back then,
when people got up in the morning, they knew what they had to do to get
through the day - there were 100% less decisions. Nowadays, we have to
decide what we want to buy in grocery stores, what job to take, what
work to do. But not Johnny. For him, it's all right there - it's a freer
state, and that's what my music is looking for...
... To understand Johnny, you should think of William Blake. He was the
same kinda guy." (Verlaine)

Never heard Iggy identified with Blake before.