(TV) Blake-ian LJJ

Thanks Keith, I couldn't have given a better response
to the Iggy nonsense than yours---ooops, I mean
Verlaine's.  :>)

This Verlaine quote is remarkable because he very rarely
gives out any information (esp. this detailed!) in regards
to interpreting his songs (except when he's putting the
interviewer on), but instead prefers to leave it
open-ended.

There's even an interview in which he angrily tells
the interviewer that he doesn't ever discuss such
things---he says something along the lines of:
talking about it destroys his creative process or
imagination, and circumscribes art.

When TV played LJJ recently in Boston he relocated
Johnny's reveries from an airport to a train yard.

Another exception would be his discussion [short] of
"1880 Or So".

Any others that come to mind?

	Leo

PS:  "art implies a personal, unanalyzable creative power"
----Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary