Re: (TV) Blake-ian LJJ

In message <B2D7C52AFC38D61181940004763B1B0A02146C78@vntmail03.volpe.dot
.gov>, Casey, Leo J <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> writes
>This Verlaine quote is remarkable because he very rarely
>gives out any information (esp. this detailed!) in regards
>to interpreting his songs (except when he's putting the
>interviewer on), but instead prefers to leave it
>open-ended.

"People ask me this a lot, what a song's about.... I do think analyzing
a song can be interesting, although it doesn't necessarily get to the
point. It's a whole other side activity. I do like making a thing into
pictures. If I get an abstract idea and all the words in it don't
represent tangible things, I might try to take the idea and make it into
a picture, create a little scene there, an image." (Verlaine)