Re: (TV) Guess what ?

In message <001801c45c9f$9ea00860$f7502752@CHEESEMAKER>, Andy Ferguson
<afne04343@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
>After many hours sitting patiently in front of the telly it is my sad duty to
>inform everyone that Mark Radcliffe has just announced that they cannot show
>aby of Television's set from Glastonbury because they had 'problems with the
>sound' !

When Television played their first 'reunion' gig at All Tomorrow's
Parties here in 2001, the whole thing was being broadcast on the web.
Which was the only band that refused to let their performance be
broadcast? You guessed it - Television.

I've just been watching the BBC Glastonbury coverage. They've been
showing highlights from a range of bands. Which was the only band they
couldn't show because of "some problems with the sound"? You guessed it.
They played (and we were told that they were great) but the BBC were
unable to show any of it.

So there are dozens of bands there at a festival they've been working on
for the last year and there's no problem with the broadcast sound for
any of them but Television? Right. This is the BBC, they invented
quality television. Could it be that a certain paranoid individual
refused to allow himself to be put on the air in case we all taped it
and then sold thousands of copies to all those Oasis fans who are
desperate to watch Tom tuning up? Bah...!

Cynically yours...