Re: (TV) ot: old woman seeks tab

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 06:02:41 -0700 (PDT)
robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> my old goal was to sing as well as patti smith, then
> she learned to sing...

laughing!!!!!   You go, girl :)

My goal when I did my cover of Prove It was to sing at least as well as
Tom V.

And oddly enough, when I was doing my cover of Ain't It Time, when I played
what I had for the drummer, he asked how I'd managed to retain the
original vocal!  Now, I didn't think I sounded THAT much like Richard,
but I guess there is a similarity (sorta high and thin - I am NOT a
singer!!).

Had I set the goal to play guitar like RL or TV... I'd have been very,
very frustrated!

Happy 4th to all the Yanks on the list - now cue up Van Morrison's
Almost Independence Day and follow it up with X's 4th of July!