RE: (TV) OT: Killer Kane, RIP

-----Original Message-----
From:
Philip P. Obbard
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 6:40 AM

I worry about the musicians we all like - most of them never got to
Paul McCartney-levels of wealth, and consequently, they don't have
proper health care.

Well, if he lived in some non-super powered country like Canada, Ireland,
England, or any of the others where health care is a right and not a
privilege, maybe it would have worked out differently - but who knows
(sorry, but I work for a health insurance company, and at times like these
the absurdity of the industry really gets to me)?
The name "Killer" Kane first appeared in the Buck Rogers comic strip
(really!) - He was the main villain in the serial starring Buster Crabbe (as
Buck).  Those of us of a certain vintage who grew up watching NYC television
saw that serial at least once, and more than likely several times.  That's
also where Blatty got the name from.  Which is of no significance, but I
thought I'd throw it out there to demonstrate the breadth of my useless
knowledge.