(TV) The Hawk

So I've just heard the Verlaine track on the Kristoferson tribute for the first time, amazingly enough.  Weird to hear a full studio track with vocal, bass and drums after all this time... what's the general opinion on this performance?  Now that Television's up and running again, the focus seems to be on live performances and Tom's voice is again being dismissed as subpar, but I think the vocal on this song is quite sweet... whereas the backing track is a bit stiff in some ways (although the lead guitar is of course quite nice).  Opinions?  I didn't know this particular tune before hearing Tom's version.

A couple of other nice things on the record... I am rather glad that if someone had to do "Bobby McGee" yet again, it turns out to be John Doe.

-Rex