Re: (TV) The Hawk

In message <20040721185751.2E6BA3384B@ws7-3.us4.outblaze.com>, Rex
Broome <rexbroome@lycos.com> writes
>and Tom's voice is again being dismissed as subpar, but I think the vocal on
>this song is quite sweet... whereas the backing track is a bit stiff in some
>ways (although the lead guitar is of course quite nice).

Yeah, as a drummer Tom's a great guitarist. I really like this track and
the do-it-yourself backing kinda suits the version. The vocal is, as you
say, sweet.

I get tired of people moaning on about Tom's voice being poor/inadequate
or whatever. Sure, live it doesn't project well at all but I've always
preferred people who are classed as "non-singers". Scattered across the
Television and solo albums there are some great vocals. Have you heard
him sing the Otis Blackwell song "Fever"? He's the last person whose
voice would seem to work on this song - but it does.