(TV) Television mentioned in old Fripp article

Hi folks,

There is a brief mention of Television in this old article I had never seen (here is an excerpt):

Best JANUARY 1979 - by Jean-Gilles Blum

JGB: Have you thought recently about touring with your own group or as a guitarist as you have done in Peter Gabriel's first American tour?

RF: I would only go on tour if I was part of the group's creative process. Bowie asked me to play with him on his last tour. I declined, because he was not in a position to leave me enough creative space. I would only have played old guitar parts, which would have been a total waste of time. I think I'm worth too much to be a backing guitar player. This does not mean that I'm not interested in working in the long term on other people's compositions. For example, I recently tried to persuade Television to regroup with me as a third guitarist. Unfortunately, it did not work. For now, it is out of question that I go on tour with my own group. I have too much to do with my other activities....

Anyone who would like to see this entire interview, please email me off list.

Cheers,

Brian